The Badger and Sugar River State trails are located in South Central Wisconsin. The Badger State Trail runs from Madison, WI to the Illinois state line where it meets the Jane Adams Trail. The Sugar River trail runs perpendicular to the Badger State Trail and intersects with it near Monticello, WI.
Round Trip Mileage from Madison via the Badger and Sugar River Trail
Starting at the bridge over Fish Hatchery & McKee road, here is round-trip millage for some recommended routes along the Badger and Sugar River State Trail The points are marked on the maps below.
Badger and Sugar River State Trail Blog Posts
- Badger State Trail Conditions - 3/19/2012
- Badger & Sugar River Trail 6/26/2011 – Madison to Brodhead
- Military Ridge, Badger and Sugar River State trails will be closed until late Friday afternoon
- Badger State Trail 6/9/2011 - Trail Conditions after the Storm
- Badger & Sugar River Trail 6/5/2011 - Madison to New Glarus
- Badger State Trail 5/30/2011 – 90 Miles in 90 Degrees
- Badger State Trail 4/24/2011
- Badger State Trail in Spring
- I found a Frozen Troll in the Belleville Tunnel in January
Badger and Sugar River State Trail Links
Badger State Trail – 41 Miles One Way
Map of the complete Badger State Trail the begins in Madison and ends at the Illinois state line. The Jane Adams trail in Illinois begins where the Badger Trail ends.
View Badger State Trail in a larger map
Sugar River Trail – 24 Miles One Way
Map of the complete Sugar River State Trail that begins in New Glarus and ends in Brodhead.
View Sugar River Trail in a larger map
Madison to New Glarus – 60 Miles Round-Trip
View Madison to New Glarus in a larger map
Madison to Brodhead – 78 Miles Round-Trip
View Madison to Brodhead in a larger map